Winter Soba Noodles.
Nurturing comfort food with healing spices to boost your immune system.
- soba noodles
- bok Choy
- snow peas
- baby carrots
- vegetable or bone broth/stock
- spices cooked in ghee (black mustard seeds, turmeric, hing, black pepper, cumin and coriander powders)
1. Heat ghee in pot and add mustard seeds, allow to pop before adding diced onion. Cook for 5min on high heat or until onion is well caramelised. Then add diced garlic, 1-2slices of fresh ginger and the rest of powdered spices cook for couple more mins on lower heat.
2. Add broth/stock to pot, bring to boil, then reduce heat before adding baby carrots.
3. Let simmer with lid on for few mins or until carrots almost tender then add in greens. **can use other greens like broccolini or as per preference/season.
4. Bring to boil again before adding soba noodle directly! There Must also be enough stock/water because they will soak up a fair bit during cooking process (alternatively cook them on side in seperate pot, especially if cooking for more than 2 people so noodles don’t get lost ;)
5. Serve with fresh herbs such as warming coriander, splash of tamari and even a hint of chilli if you’re feeling frisky!