Sweet Breakfast Sooji.
Full of fibre, protein, iron, vitamins and minerals to nourish each and every Dhatu (tissue) and most importantly, your Ojas (vital essence including immunity).
RECIPE SERVES 1-2
- 1/2 cup of organic quick oats
- 4 tablespoons of sooji (coarse semolina) for those of you who are GF replace with chia seeds or sago or just add more oats
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 cup organic non-homogenised cows milk (for vegan options use plant milk of choice)
- 1 tbs raw psyllium husk (swap for flaxseed meal if GF)
- 1 tsp organic ghee
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 6 toasted almonds
- 1-2 tsp organic maple syrup
- Add oats to a hot saucepan and dry toast them until slight brown, stirring them to avoid burning.
- Add in semolina and toast for a couple more seconds before adding in water. Cook for 3 mins until water begins to evaporate and consistency starts to thicken.
- Stir in milk along with spices and cook until milk comes to a strong boil. When it's almost at your desired consistency turn off heat. Mix in psyllium husk and divide mixture into two serving bowls.
- To hot iron pan add in ghee and cook banana until gooey and charred, then add to bowl.
- Top with toasted almonds and maple ! Enjoy.