A favourite to deeply nourish and satisfy the sense organ of taste.
GLUTEN FREE - VEGETARIAN - TRIDOSHIC
RECIPE SERVES 4
- 2 tbs of ghee
- 1/2 large red onion sliced finely
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 large tomato quartered
- 1/4 of each powdered spice - tumeric, cumin, coriander, hing
- 1 medium beetroot roughly diced (washed & peeled)
- 1 small carrot roughly diced
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup white cabbage sliced thinly
- 1 cup tofu or tempe friend in fingers and then cubed
- coriander stems (finely diced)
- serve with 2-3 vermicelli bundles
- salt & pepper to taste
- coriander leaves
- toasted sesame seeds
- chilli sauce
- Heat ghee in large pot add onion, cook for 3 min on high heat or until onion is translucent. Then add in ginger, garlic, tomato and spices, fry for couple mins on low heat.
- Add in hot water with dissolved boullion powder, bring to boil then reduce heat before adding beetroot & carrot.
- Let simmer with lid on until almost tender, then add in cabbage, tamari, sesame oil, coriander stems & friend tofu/tempe. Simmer on low heat until cabbage is well cooked. Season if needed.
- In a separate pot bring water to boil and cook vermicelli as per instructions on packet.
- In 4 bowls divide even portions of noodles then top bowls up with stew. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
- Top with fresh herbs and condiments of choice and enjoy!